Thirteen Steampunk Novels
Steampunk is an interesting amalgam of science fiction and history, one where the science and technology are powered by steam or spring driven. The best movie examples of steam punk would be Wild, Wild West with Will Smith, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and the newest Sherlock Holmes. The covers look interesting, the stories sound intriguing, and the summer is the perfect time to try out a new genre.
I know, technically the first book is not a novel but an anthology. I like anthologies because they're a good way to discover new authors without the commitment of a full length novel. Enjoy
1) Steampunk- edited by Ann Vandermeer2) Not Less Than Gods by Kage Baker3) Soulless by Gail Carriger- several people have recommended this series to me, and the covers caught my eye at the book store. I might end up getting this, and the one after it.
4) I have both of her books- on the mountainous collection known as to be read.
5) I love these covers- I grew up fascinated with derigibles ever since hearing that my mom saw the Hindenburg fly over her apartment building just prior to its explosion.
6) I love her vampires and her dragons- haven't read this yet.
7) More Derigibles :)
8) The twenties are a fascinating time period- still healing the wounds of the first ww, yet slowly setting the stage for the second. 9) Cool cover
10) The blurb drew me into this one.
11) Steampunk books are also being written for teens and children
12) The combination of historical England and technology is classic steampunk.
13) a steampunk mystery- definitely a to be read.